What you’ll get
Duration : 2 days 1 night
Departure : Hanoi Old Quarter
Suitable : Family, Friends, Honey moon couple, solo traveler
Type : Land tour
Product Code : T88BBG01
Ba Be National Park is centred around a vast lake enveloped by chalky karsts and thick tropical jungles. This trip takes you deep into Ba Be National Park and on to the waters of Ba Be Lake. On this two-day tour, you will experience local hospitality from an ethnic minority family, take a tranquil river trip, explore caves and see the landscape change from rice cultivation to forests to towering mountains.
- Visit Ba Be Lake, an amazing green lake in the middle of a natural green forest
- Join walking or cycling around Coc Toc village, kayaking on the lake in boats
- Explore Puong Cave with the stalactites and stalagmites
Flexible Price - Best Price Guaranteed
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||PRICE DETAIL||TOTAL|
Group tour with homestay
Size : 30m2 Max Adults: 10
Bed size: Double/Twin
Price per person joining Ba Be group tour 2-day and staying at homestay
Choose date to show price
Recommend for you
Total Option Price
Ends in : 05:23:35 hours
Easy & fast checkout
24/7 customer support
This option is fully booked, please change your date or contact us for more details.
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- A/C transfer
- Price Includes
- A/C transfer
- Boat trip on Ba Be lake
- 1 night at Homestay
- All sightseeing tickets
- Experienced English speaking guide
- Meals as stated in the itinerary (B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner)
- Price Excludes
- Personal expenses, tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Other services not mentioned above.
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- The above fees are subject to an added bank transaction fee.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 95% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Day 1: Hanoi - Ba Be Lake
An early start to the day to make the most of what we have in store for you. We will pick you up from your hotel in Hanoi at 07:30 and then hit the road north towards Ba Be National Park. Lunch will be had in a restaurant in a village on the way, and then our route will take us up through the mountains and tea plantations to Ba Be lake, an amazing green lake in the middle of a natural green forest. You will then travel to the Tay village of Coc Toc, with its beautiful stilt houses and friendly population of Tay people, who make their living by fishing in the stunning Ba Be lakes and farming. You will stay in the homestay of a local family here, enjoying their wonderful hospitality. In the afternoon, you will have some time to explore the beautiful surroundings. You will then enter Hua Ma Cave which features thousands of stalactites and columns. You may also wish to take the option of walking or cycling around Coc Toc village, kayaking on the lake in boats that we reserve for our tour guests, or simply relaxing in the peaceful surroundings and enjoying the views.
Meals: L, D
- Day 2: Ba Be Lake - Hanoi
After breakfast at the homestay, you will go on foot to Bo Lu Quay where you will board a boat trip around Ba Be Lake. You can relax on board, do some wildlife spotting or if you need to cool off, you can jump into the cool, clean waters for a refreshing swim! As you float down the Nang River, you can take in the scenery of the surrounding karsts decorated with patches of wild vegetation and inhabited by all sorts of interesting creatures. Look out for the rainbow of butterflies that flit across the sky or listen to the gentle song of the many species of birds in the park. The boat will come to Puong Cave where you can explore the stalactites and stalagmites which are a result of the erosion of the river on the karst as well as looking out for the bat colony several thousand strong. After your, exploration of the lake, you can rest on the drive back to Hanoi, taking in the beautiful scenery on the way. You will stop for lunch at a local restaurant on the way before arriving back in Hanoi at about 17:30.
Meals: B, L
- The itinerary can be changed due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions.
- Special request (diet or vegetarian, …) should be sent before your departure date.
- Pack essentials, including light comfortable clothes suitable for outdoor activities, comfortable walking shoes. Take a small day pack for hiking and trekking.
- It is essential to bring your passport on this trip. We also recommend packing: insect repellent, sun cream, raincoat and sun hat...
Questions & Answers
10.0Based on 7 reviews
Value for money10.0
24 May 2019
It is very relaxing on the boat to enjoy the landscape and fresh air. The whole park is quite big, you can see many wild birds on the lake and other special plants while trekking to the forest and waterfall.
Leonor Barbosa Oliveira
07 Mar 2019
Ba Be National Park including Ba Be Lake and Nang River is a must do attraction in the Northeast of Vietnam. The best activities you can do: - kayaking - trekking - overnight in homestay - cycling or walking Highly recommend this tour
Janet R. Valadez
22 Jan 2019
We booked a 2 days 1 night trekking trip to Ba Be and had a wonderful experience. From booking to the trip this company provided excellent services, accomodating to our needs and tweaking their standard iterinary to meet our requirements. Our guide, was friendly, experienced and handled situations that cropped up with expertise and efficiency. When the cycling turned out to be too strenous, he arranged for bikes speedily for us to pillion ride part of the route, so we could still enjoy the beautiful terrain view in comfort.
28 Dec 2018
The trip was enjoyable - the Nang river is calm and quiet, with lots of mirror image of the hills that lined both sides of the river. There is a Puong cave that has Nang river running through it, and a small waterfall that you can walk to when the boat stop for a break. we stayed at a homestay, The homestay host was very warm and friendly and prepared very scrumptious local meals for us. The room was basic yet clean and tidy. It was a very memorable experience. Highly recommended to those who enjoy nature.
19 Dec 2018
We’re so glad we did. Not many tourists go to Ba Be Lake so it felt like we had the place to ourselves. We just about never ran into any other tourists so it felt like we were fully immersed in the local Tay village life. While the drive is long from Hanoi (about 4hrs and with lunch and breaks, takes about 5.5hrs), the scenery and the glimpse of real Vietnamese countryside life is great. The actual tour, with Mr. Long as our guide, was very well planned and communicated. The lake itself is beautiful and kayaking on it is a treat and Mr. Long took the time to have his friend show us how local fishing on the lake is done. We also went on a 6hr trek to the H’mong villages and views were amazing! After the initial uphill climb, it was all downhill from there and the view of the mountains, terraced farms, and ethnic houses were so much more stunning than we expected. My mother who is 72 did the trek and thoroughly enjoyed it. The homestay itself was also incredibly comfortable, with great lakeside views and places to relax, had a small capacity so did not feel crowded at all, and the food throughout the trip was possibly the best part.